dinsdag 30 september 2014

Essence Hello Autumn: Adapting blush & powder

As the latest limited edition from Essence came into my local drugstore, I got really excited to try the products out! All focused on autumn shades I fell in love almost instantly.

I already reviewed the two lovely palettes in the collection. Click here to read that review!

Today I am back with the last two products of the collection that I got myself. An adapting blush and a powder.
Seems interesting? Continue reading.

The palettes I already liked a lot. They are nicely pigmented, the only thing missing for me was a mat crease shade of some sort.

These two products therefore I had similar high hopes for.
First up we come to the essentials: packaging. Travel friendly, easy to throw in your bag because they are fairly sturdy.
The look of the packaging is typical Essence. So no bad things about that. Also I like the nice Hello Autumn on the front. Thumbs up on that part.

Then the actual testing. This colour adapting comes two shades (that is what the Essence site says) yet I only found one shade called: Beauti-fall red. Weirdly this blush looks like a highlighter. 
Though, when applying on the cheeks you indeed get a blushed effect. WARNING: Less in more with this product. The first time I went way to overboard. The blush will adapt fairly heavily on your skin.

Personally I'm not to big of a fan of this blush. Even though after a while of trying you get your right amount on your cheeks. I don't like the colour, of course that is pure own preference, it gets way to pink on my cheeks. On me not a natural pink-y shade. Real pink.
Colour wise I don't like this. Pigmentation wise, this is a great product. Maybe it'll work on other people. I personally didn't find my next favourite blush.

Next we come to the powder. It looks really great. With the leaf prints pressed into the powder. One shade called Autumn & The City.
Yet what you notice really heavily on the powder, it has shimmers. I decided to just go with it and just apply it like I do with any other powder. Big mistake. 

Even though you are wearing a mat foundation you instantly look like you are extremely oily. 
Yet another way to use this product is maybe as bronzer using the darker colours. Or as highlighter using the light shades.

Overall thought: Blush no, powder no as powder yes as highlight or bronzer. The idea of the blush really was great, but I don't like the shade I get from this blush. And the powder is way to shimmery to be used on your whole face. Using the colours separately  for hollows or high points of your face, I will definitely use more!

Tell me, what are your experiences with these products? 

Geen opmerkingen: