woensdag 17 september 2014

Essence: Hello Autumn Eyeshadow Palettes

Ever since summer I feel local budget brands as Essenc and Catrice really are doing great in the Limited Edition department! Metallure was awesome, upcoming ones are great too and the new Hello Autumn, I instantly loved! Focused on the autumn shades this collection is perfect for that time of the year.

The collection includes make up wise: 2 palettes, brow powders, eyeliners, two lipcreams, nailpolish, blush and a powder. Also some hairbands.

I got myself the two palettes, the powder and the blush. Which there will be reviews about. Today first of are the two palettes.
My autumn approval? Lets find out.

The palettes both include six different colours. All inspired by autumn. The palettes are called 01 Walk in the Park and 02 Keep Calm & Go for a Walk.
The first palettes has more brown tones in it. Keep Calm & Go for a Walk includes green shades. Both palettes are perfect for a day to day look but can definitely by used for smokey eye looks.
Palette wise, they are similar to any other palette made by Catrice and/or Essence. Simple, yet sturdy and easy to travel with, I did take the brown palette with me on my London trip.
What does strike me and annoys me every time I try these palettes: they are all shimmery. And lately I prefer to at least have one or two matt shades in the make up looks I am creating.
You might think at first sight that the palettes are quite similar in their shade selection but just the first colour from both palettes is the most alike.
Both palettes have all shimmer shades. And go from light to dark. The colours are all very pigmented. They are easy to blend as well.

I would say that the dark shades maybe can use some building up. But I think that is also to your own preference if you want a fierce or light colour.
I really can recommend these palettes. And if you can get your hands on it, you'd better hurry up.

Overall thought: Price and quality wise. This is indeed a good palette. I would have loved to have a matt shade in there because they all include shimmer. I also would build the colours up especially the dark shade, but its all to own preference. Essence once again did a great product. Very nicely pigmented (considering price), easy to blend and travel friendly.
Autumn approved? Yes, totally.

Tell me, do you own any Hello Autumn products and do you like them?

Geen opmerkingen: