zondag 1 mei 2016

FACTS 2016: Spring Edition

If you are slightly of hidden nerd or just very outspoken about it you must know the world of conventions. Around the world convention fans are being spoiled with a very famous one. Comic Con.
Last march comic con was held in Brussels. It was definitely lots of fun however I feel there is this one Belgian created convention, even better a hometown created convention, that wins me over more and more when I go.

FACTS.
Facts is as they describe themselves 'not only about merchandise and actors. Many activities are organised during the FACTS-weekend ranging from an arcade gallery, card game demonstrations, model kit demonstrations, anime-projections, Q & A's with the actors, swordfights and an extravagant cosplay competition with many costumed visitors.'
My nerdy friends and I all cosplayed, even a cat look will make heads turn when you pass by non visitors.
On the convention we bumped into floki from Vikings and obviously some disney princesses as well. Belle and Snow, were super sweet :)
As a bigtime Potterhead I had to take a picture from Aragog. However this was the closest I could come near it since I am terrified of spiders :p Voldemort was present too.
It was absolutely awesome to have a Free Hugs sign with me as well since you get so much love from so many strangers and it was so cool. Many people also stopped me to make a picture for their website, or own review of this event. 

We did not played games or competed in the cosplay show but all I can do is recommend it all. Play them games and interact with anybody because you will be welcomed with open arms.
After a long day of strolling around I went home with many hugs, many Asian foods and a sailor moon dress and an awesome feeling that I will be back.

Also after the Facts weekend me and my friends apparently popped on the internet front page of a Belgian paper. HAHAH :p so funny.
Overall I you have a slight interest in any games, movies, or anything convention related I can only highly recommend you to go to FACTS. The next halt will be on the 22nd and 23rd of October this year. 

Flanders Expo - Ghent is the place to be than!

Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: