maandag 7 maart 2016

Music Madness #20: Female Voices

If you ask me what my current playlist is on my MP3 player. 99% of everything on there has a male vocalist. 

I just feel female voices need to wow me way more than a man, more easily, can do. However these last few months I found some interesting bands where the lead vocals are done by women!

And I thought it was a good idea to dedicate this music madness to them.

The first band I already knew, yet never cared about is Icon For Hire, vocals done by Ariel Bloomer. I went through an absolute shit period several weeks ago and the only band that could keep my head up high was Icon For Hire.
My favourite song during that period was Get Well, Theater and Only a Memory. The lyrics were exactly spot on and they helped me so much when I wasn't feeling to great. 

Next up, a band I genuinely hated before. Heidi Shepherd and Carla Harvey doing vocals in Butcher Babies. Don't ask me why, I just really disliked their music. I disliked them even more when I saw them live last year. 
However They're Coming To Take Me Away was I song I kept on liking even though I didn't like other songs. By accident I stumbled upon another song and huge surprise, I liked it. I downloaded the album Take It Like a Man and now they are on replay several times. 


Same story with Alissa White-Gluz from Arch Enemy. I simply didn't like their music at first. Through some friends however I was introduced again and I got to know other music that I already was familiar with.
I got to know their album War Eternal, with Alissa as singer. And apparently I simply didn't dig the voice of Angela Gossow (old vocalist) as much. You Will Know My Name is my favourite and their cover song Shadow on the Wall, I like loads too. 

So slowly the female voices are coming onto my music play list. What female artist do you like to listen to?



Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: