zondag 31 januari 2016

Catrice: Highlighting Powder

I don't own very much highlighters and I more of fan of the golden highlighter and that is exactly what isn't the biggest sale in drugstoreland.
Catrice released a golden and pink highlighter several months ago but I couldn't get my hands on it. I was determined to wait for this review and get both highlighters in my collection. 

And after a long wait I can finally present you with them.

The two highlighters come in the same packaging as the Illuminating blushes that Catrice has. Nothing special, however I love the pattern the compact has.
So far Catrice only released two shades. They are called 010 Stardust and 020 Champagne Campaign. Looking at them, 020 being my favourite.
Finally coming to test these gorgeous budget products I do not a hell of a lot. However they at first feel rather buttery and smooth.

Putting them on my skin I do feel Stardust is more pigmented than Champagne Campaign is. 020 needs to be build up a lot more to create a BAM highlight effect. Where as Stardust can create that sooner.
Stardust leaves the high points of the face with a nice pearlescent glow. And Champagne Campaign leaves a nice golden-y glow to the face, which has my preference.
Swatches without and with flash.
010 - 020
When wearing the products for a day I feel again that the first shade holds a tad better than shade 020. But when you pack up the product a lot, you can be sure that you will be highlighted throughout the day.
Overall thought: I think I repeat myself quite a lot when it comes to Catrice. Considering the price you pay this is a really good product. They aren't the smoothest, neither are they the most pigmented. However you get a good product. Shade 020 needs some build up to create my desired effect. And they survive a day of work. 

What is your favourite highlighter?


Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: