donderdag 9 juli 2015

Music Madness #13: Graspop 2015

About three weeks ago I went to Graspop Metal Meeting for the third time. It is a three day metal festival in Dessel, BE. I had an amazing time and saw some of my favourite bands up close.
Music Madness #13 is obviously dedicated to this years 20th anniversary of the festival. My highlights, all written down here.

I especially looked forward to Motionless in White on the last day. And I was really impressed. The show was totally complete.
Though I must say I feel the mic sound wasn't optimal. But I was so starstruck on the second row, so I did love the show a lot! 

Another love that never disappoints me ever. Papa Roach! Big Massive Thumbs up, the show was absolutely amazing show. I think they impressed me even more than last time I see them. WOW!

My sister's girlfriend prepared me by saying that I shouldn't have high hopes for Marilyn Manson and to be honest the performance wasn't to be and I actually enjoyed myself a lot! 
He is one weird MoFo but that is actually what makes it so good, the act, not the singing itself. Well Done Marilyn :)

I totally got impressed by Epica as well. It is a band you must see at least once in your life. And you'll walk away as proper fan. And wow such a gorgeous lady the singer is. Nice songs, great voice, simple and good show!

Absolute highlight might still be, I just can't help myself, is Slipknot! They over rule themselves every time. Just as PR.
I went with my total random Swedish neighbour. And we had a blast. The show was the bomb and they played a bit over their scheduled time. And the genuinely enjoy themselves while playing!

Last but not least, Asking Alexandria with new singer Dennis, they have so upped their game with him. Way way better show then 2013!!!

I of course could keep going on bands I enjoyed watching, such as The Charm The Fury, 5FDP, Godsmack, HEAT, COB and Korpiklaani.. It was a great edition and I am sure next year will be even better!

Have you been to a festival this year?


Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: