zaterdag 14 februari 2015

Maybelline: Babylips Electro, Pink Shock & Berry Bomb

My lips are going trough a rough time this time a year. They are so dehydrated even though I drink a lot of water and moisturize them at least every hour. Now a plain care balm is only for when I go to bed. Colour is definitely preferred during the day.
Last year the original Maybelline Babylips were huge in Belgium and only recently the electro version came in stores, I picked up two.

Take a look.

In Belgium, so far I only saw about 4 colours to pick from. I picked the colours Pink Shock & Berry Bomb.
They are in the tube vibrant pink and a darker purple shade. Both smell really great.
Now the original Babylips were fine but weren't for me an overnight lip treatment were as my lip butter from Nivea still is. These working wise, are exactly the same. They hydrate the lips fine during the day but won't be my night treatment. 
That fact aside I hoped the colours would be more pigmented than the originals. This is Pink Shock.
Its definitely not as pigmented as I would have hoped for, but it provides the lips with a nice pink glow.
 The purple one is less vibrant and I feel it is more a pink shade on the lips than a purple one.
Now for daily 'I have to go to the office and want to keep my make up mininal' lips this a perfect colour though.
Overall thought: I'm not overly impressed. In comparison with the original Babylips they are pretty much the same. They aren't more pigmented and their hydrating part is again the same as the old ones. Preferred is the pink shade since that shows up the most.

What are your thoughts on the Babylips lipbalms?


Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: