donderdag 11 december 2014

YSL: Babydoll Mascara

- Apologies in advance: If I won't come to post every other two days its because my internet is like almost fully gone. I'm going to be even seriously pleased if this one gets up! -

A few weeks ago I went shopping with my mom and went into a fancy Belgian store called Planet Perfum. They sell all kinds of different brands, like YSL, Estée Lauder, Givenchy, etc ...
With my purchase the store manager was so kind in giving me A LOT of different samples. Also a YSL mascara that I sure didn't mind in trying for you.

And that is what you get today. YSL babydoll, is it good?
Lets find out.


The mascara is almost identical to the full size package, this holds only two ml. And I thought the brush is the real size too.
The brush is fairly long and small. And normally these types of brushes work nice on my lashes, especially in separating. I had serious high hopes for this mascara.

When applying this product, you can easily tell that this brush is really good in separating the lashes nicely. But nothing special.
Also in terms of lengthening and volumizing this brush is fine. Doesn't get clumpy after layering either.

Yet I come to the conclusion that I'm really not impressed about it overall. It works fine yes, but I would never spend the amount of money on a full size tube knowing that I get exactly the same a good budget brand mascara.
Overall thought: I think it doesn't need more explanation. It works, but I get so much more pleasure in finding a really really good budget mascara than spending around 25 euros on mascara that is just fine. It wouldn't pay that for this. I'll still use it but I'm sure always hooked on Maybelline mascara.

Have you ever had to high expectations on high end products?


Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: