vrijdag 17 oktober 2014

Soap & Glory: Lipproducts, Gloss Stick & Lip Lacquer

On my trip to London I went a bit crazy in the lip department. Color Elixir by Maybelline and Revlon Colorburst Moisture Stain. And some more. The choice over there was so big and I wish I would have taken more products. But I had to make decisions.

Soap & Glory was one of thé brands I had to bring the most of. A gloss stick and lip lacquer were also chosen.
I haven't been to experimental on the lacquer part. And the sticky gloss things I have already a lot of. Still I couldn't resist!

Today I will reveal my thoughts on both lovelies. Worth the trip or not? Lets find out.

As said I got myself a gloss stick and lip lacquer, a new melted lipstick as I like to call it.

The gloss stick comes in 5 different shades. The lacquer also in 5.
The way they look I definitely prefer the gloss stick. The nice pink details on there look very nice. The packaging of the lip lacquer feels and looks a bit dirty.

I got myself one shade each. Bashful and Charm offensive.
Gloss Stick Bashful is a vibrant light pink shade. Very nice for a fresh look. Not to much but its a nice eye catcher.
Charm Offensive is an old nude pink shade. Similar to my perfect nude shade yet more brown toned. 

The lip lacquer comes in a tube just as lipgloss does also with the same sort of applicator. What first strikes me when I just opened the tube carefully the product is to thick! When just taking the wand out it is so thready and looks really gross.
When you apply the product you get the same feeling. It feel its not nice to apply and it doesn't leave you with a nice look. Its super sticky as well. Pigmentation however deserves to be mentioned: Great!

Then we come to the gloss stick. Bummer that the shade shown on the bottom was so different than the shade the stick actually has. Because I was looking for something more natural. Yet I do like the colour a lot. Also nicely pigmented and easy in use.
The colour doesn't stay perfectly on the lips for super duper long. but I'm satisfied. Survives a drink not a meal. Also the product is really nice for the lips. Not drying at all and a tad moisturizing.

Here you can see the pigmenation of both products. Next to the great pigmentation the lip lacquer has the gloss doesn't come out as pretty pigmented as it actually is.
Yet you can see (only one layer each) you complain at all about these drugstores beauties.

Overall thought: I like them but I'm not going to say that I'm blown over what so ever. Especially not the lacquer, that one is sticky and not nice to work with. It simply feels old! The gloss is better and cares a tad for the lips and is fine in pigmentation which is nice. OK but not impressed.

Tell me, have you had any discoveries in the lip department recently?

Geen opmerkingen: