zondag 19 oktober 2014

Catrice: Velvet Finish, Foundation & Concealer

The past few weeks new budget goodies came into Belgian drugstores. I of course went a bit crazy.

When seeing what was coming in stores by Catrice cosmetics I instantly set eyes on their new foundations. The Nude Illusion Foundation got very mixed reviews. But I really liked it. Great coverage and fairly longlasting.
This new duo I had to try as well since it got very good reviews. Today I am providing you with my thoughts on it.
Even better than the last foundation release or not? Lets find out.

Catrice says about the Velvet Finish foundation that it combines technology and care for direct and fresh effect. It includes hydrating Hyaluron, vitamin E and B5 and SPF 30.
The Velvet Finish foundation itself comes in 4 different shades, the concealer in 3. I got myself 030 Sand Velvet in foundation and 010 Velvet Ivory for concealer.

Yes the shades are different but I decided to go for the light concealer shade to also act as highlight under the eyes.
Normally Catrice lately provides us beauty lovers with really good quality for a small price. The brands slowly makes their prices higher, as this one. The foundation retails for €7,99, the concealer is still fairly budget and costs €4,59.

Aside the prices that are higher than normally lets have a closer look at the foundation. I like the bottle a lot. Not just square as their foundations usually are. Pump, yes.
The foundation gives amazing coverage! I loved it from second one. Also somehow this foundation makes it through the entire day beautifully! It gives a semi matte finish and pretty much stays that way. Big love!

The concealer also is worth its extra moneys than normally paid for Catrice. This is not matte in my opinion but I matches perfectly with the foundation.
It also gives great coverage and lasts throughout a whole day. It doesn't crease into the fine lines which is also a bonus.

I tried both product on a day where I wore my make up for over 12 hours and at the end of that amount of time I only felt my chin could use a touch up. 
The swatch somehow is turning super blurry on blogger -sorry- But here you have a least on idea of what the product looks like.

Overall thought: I think I may have found myself a super duo! Together they provide me with a flawless look that lasts a great time and I haven't had that in a long time.

Tell me, what was your favourite recently released foundation?

Geen opmerkingen: