maandag 13 oktober 2014

Revlon: Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Lipstick. I have enough of those, yes. But there is always that slightly different shade or texture that is just worth the extra lipstick.
I love my Revlon lipsticks and recently I did an amazing discovery. Revlon in my hometown! And the lipstick display had some gems I haven't seen before. Not even when being in London.

And today I am giving you my thought on some suede lipsticks.
Intrigued, keep reading.

When seeing the Revlon display I seriously got a heart attack. I always have to go to Antwerp or outside the country to get me some Revlon. This was very welcome!
The lipstick come in a full plastic tube and is twist-able when turning the black part. 

I got myself three lip shades from the ColorStay Ultimate Suede range: Light pink, old nude pink and berry red. Called 020 Front Row, 025 Socialite and 050 Couture.
The nude and berry shade I have been wearing a lot. Since they are both shades I love to wear a lot. The light pink one is a bit out of comfort zone. But it was worth the purchase since it leaves you with a nice subtle pink sheen on the lips.


The other two are very pigmented when you swatch them on your hands. Instant like. They all feel very moisturizing for the lips.
Yet whenever you actually wear them, they are extremely drying. I seriously never had this bad of dry lips due to lipstick.


But I do feel they stay for a decent amount time. Maybe that its due the dry part of the lipstick, maybe it kind of stains the lips as well. Yet I am not really convinced.

I would say starting of with a lipbalm helps a bit, but you sure will end up with dry lips. At least I do.
FLTR: Front Row, Socialite, Couture
As you can tell the lightest shade is more a nice wash of colour the other two are more pigmented.

Overall thought: I don't get the suede part. I think its supposed to be semi sheen and matte. Yet its neither, its extremely drying for the lips. Not even the very nice pigmentation can convince me in wearing them more. I thought I might work with lipbalm but my lips still got very dry.

Tell me, did you ever got really dry lips from a lipstick?

Geen opmerkingen: