zaterdag 4 oktober 2014

Essence: Effect Eyeshadow

Lately I prefer to go for cream shadows, they are easy to use, quick and if you are as lazy as I am in the morning, creams are your best friend.

I already found some precious babies in the Maybelline Color Tattoo creams and I haven't found one that could compete next to them.

Yet with an Essence change a few months ago (where I wasn't to impressed about) I did find new creams.
Effect shadows. Way cheaper than Maybelline. Are they better than my Maybelline ones? Lets find out.
The effect shadows come in six different shades. I got myself the two most natural shades since I know I would wear those the most.
I got the shade 01 Eagypt's Treasure and 02 Brazil's Sunset. Number one is a brown-ish golden shade and 02 is an also brown-ish, lighter and more natural version of the first shade.

The product comes in small tubes. I find them not handy since at first there's no product coming out and with a hard squeeze you instantly get to much. 
That aside, the testing. Pigmentation first of is absolutely astonishing! With even the smallest amount you can fully cover two entire eyelids.  
So that also means that they are very long term in use.
I feel ones they are blended they stay perfectly in place. Which I am pretty stoked about. Yet after a full day of work I assure you, (on oily eyelids) they crease! And they crease badly. *sad face*

But that is after 8 hours and more, on me they look very pretty for about 3 to 4 hours, depending on the humidity as well.
On the picture above you can see the amazing pigmentation. One tiny blob and still such an amazing colour. That is the main reason why I wear these shadows. 

Overall thought: Its such a bummer that it doesn't work for very long on oily eyelids, other wise I would have worn them even more than I do now! Awesome pigment, easy and quick to use. And they are super long term since the amount you use is so little! Big thumbs up except for the creasing!

Tell me, have you tried these creams before? Or what are your favourite eye shadow creams?

Geen opmerkingen: