maandag 27 oktober 2014

Catrice: Absolute Matt Palette

A full drugstore matt palette is very hard to find. Sleek has a very good one. Its the Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette which I am very pleased about.
However its a tad harder to get my hands on Sleek and a few weeks ago Catrice came with the amazing news that they would release a new add to their 'absolute' palettes. A full matt palette.

My first impression was fine. Yet not to woaw. My final thought? That you can read here.

The palette is all typical Catrice. Nice touch however is the not so plain white writing on the lid. Very nice.
The palette is called Eyes Wide Matt and includes six beautiful matt shades. The shades vary from an off white shade to a brownish grey. 

The colours when swathing seem very nicely pigmented not woawie but fine for its small price of €4,99.
Yet whenever I put the eye shadow on my eyelids I feel the colours lost a lot of their pigmentation. 
The eye shadows need build up. When not they just seem exactly the same. Where the swatch didn't. Disappointed here.

Yet pigmentation aside I got little to no fall out and the shadows are very easy to work with.
Even though I have experienced better quality shadows I can totally recommend this palette for people who only just started make up. There is a brush included, perfect as starter brush. And you can't go wrong with nude/neutral shades.

Overall thought: Its a like but I've used better before. Like the old Absolute Nude Palette its perfect for beginners. Easy colours to works with, nude are always good. There is little to no fall out. Just, the colours need build up otherwise they look the same.

Tell me, have you tried this palette before? What did you think?

Geen opmerkingen: