vrijdag 22 augustus 2014

Catrice: Velvet Matt Eyeshadow

When the new Catrice change came I had made up my wishlist almost instantly. Normally I go for the usual things I want to get, some lipstick or the new face products. And I always skip Catrices eyeshadow.

This time though I want the new Absolute Matt Palette (who has seen this sucker yet?) and a new range of single shadows got my attention too.

And I obviously purchased them. Today I decided to give you my thoughts on them. They are called the Velvet Matt eyeshadows.
Seems interesting? Keep reading.

There are six different eyeshadows in the velvet matt range. They variate from a light vanilla white shade to daily greys, greens, browns and a lovely burgundy shade. (I didn't pick up the baby pink shade and the green one, because I knew I wouldn't wear them.)

The packaging of the shadows is typical Catrice. But being so cheap its a fine package.

Coming to the actual testing. I instantly liked these shadows.
They feel so smooth and light. Plus they have an intense pigmentation going on. And all four colours that I own have that awesome pigmentation.
The first colour I am going to show you is Vanillaty Fair. This is shade one, a beautiful white, vanilla shade as the name suggest.
The colour is really easy to blend. And perfect to use a basecolour for the rest of the look you are creating.

The next colour is Jump Up and Brown. Again a very nice brown colour. With a somehow golden brown glow to it.
For me this a really good transition shade and once again very blendable. Also I feel you can perfectly wear this shade on its own.

Al Burgundy is my third colour. Beautiful Burgundy. -This is going to be a boring upload, since I keep repeating myself.-
Perfect for creating a purple/dark plum smokey eye. In my opinion this is the most pigmented shade of the range of shadows.

The last shade is called Welcome to Greysland. Which also makes it the last shade I have.
Daily look approved, nicely pigmented and easy to blend once again. I think you know the drill by now.

On the picture below you can see swatches of the colours I have.
I already excuse for the bad swatches made.
You can still see the nice pigmentation of all the shades. After all the testing I am sure I really am fond of these single shadows. Smooth, velvet, satin feel and a darn good pigmentation. The only very big downside of these shadows: They break way to easily and fast.
I have loads of eyeshadows and not a single one in all those years broke, these I own for a good week and one had to sadly be repaired.

Overall thought: I'm very pleased with almost everything about the new Catrice shadows. The shadows are nicely pigmented and they can be blend easily. There is close to no fall out. And all shades can of course be worn alone. Downside: Breaks way to quickly!

Tell me, what do you feel about these shadows from Catrice?

Geen opmerkingen: