vrijdag 25 juli 2014

Nars: Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil

In my Lille Haul you could already see my purchases of that days shopping trip. I already put the They're Real mascara from Benefit to the test, which you read about here.

And today number two of my purchases has come. I have thought so long about buying something from this brand or not. And I actually wanted to go for the most loved foundation of the brand but I eventually went for a lip product.

As the title says it is about one of the colours from the Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils.
Does Nars intrigues you? Keep reading!

The Nars display had so much different lipproducts and that made it even more hard to pick something.
I actually never heard/read something about this Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil. 
This Nars product comes in 9 shades and I went for the very vibrant pink shade from the line called Mexican Rose.

Nars says about this jumbo pencil that it supposed to be ultra smooth, lightweight and includes ingredients that moisterizes the lips. It also should have spectacular shine!
Packaging wise. This looks fine. The cardboard feels somehow better than the cardboard you get in drugstores.
And in my head this just is nice and high end like because I like to finally have a tinnie tiny collection of high end products.

When trying this product for the first time I indeed agree with the very smooth application. The product is very soft and glides on easily.

Also very noticeable is the pigmentation of this pencil. Even with the slightest layer you are able to get a very nice virbrant and opaque colour.
What was also put to the test and what makes me really adore this product is the eating test that turned out to be absolutely amazing! The days this product was tested I had to work full days and therefore have lunch at work. I drank a lot and ate some sandwiches.

And darn this product stayed on like a real stain that is hard to get rid of. I was so impressed by this pencil.
I wouldn't say after a full day of wear and no retouches after those lunches it looked very good but it still was there and obviously there!
On the picture above you can see a swatch of the product. And as you can see it is after one layer very opaque and very glossy too. This is the perfect summer pink without looking to barbie-like.

Overall thought: Yes I like this investment! Because of few amount of product you need because it is so opaque, you will take a long time finishing this. It is super smooth, doesn't dry the lips what so ever and it lasts super long= it survives a meal! I love it.

Tell me, what are your experiences with Nars? Equally good? 

Geen opmerkingen: