woensdag 23 juli 2014

My Summer Essentials

Normally in summer my make up routine doesn't undergo radical changes. This year though, I have had more of a drastic change than other years.

I first of wanted to go much lighter than I usually go. Though, I still kept my statement eyeliner and mascara. Aside that I have gone for some summer essentials this year.

And as the tittle says that is what I am going to show you in today's blogpost.
Interested? Keep reading!

In this summer essentials routine I usually go for 5 or 6 produts. Base, eyeliner, mascara, blush and a gloss and/or lip care.
Since it is this hot the past few days I prefer to go for a very light base. This can be a BBcream or on this picture I am showing you the Garnier Miracle Skin Cream. This cream comes out white and perfectly adjusts to your skin tone.
My skin has improved a lot by drinking a lot of water the past week and therefore it can only do with this nice light coverage cream. Which also includes SPF. Plus!
I also can't go anywhere without a nice sheen of blush. For summer I have been loving my Mosaic blush in English Rose by MUA. The perfect amount of a slight blushed sheek. A nice touch of the lightest colour of the blush and there you have your highlighter as well.

As said: staple look: winged liner and mascara! I can easily do this in less then 3 minutes and it finishes a look for me.

Any liquid waterproof eyeliner pretty much will do for me but it has to have super thin point/brush to make my wing look divine.
Therefore the Liquid Ink by Essence is great.
Also those lashes need some attention. Mega Plush by Maybelline, I love it so much. It gives your lashes lots of volume and a nice pushed up effect. Because the brush is flexible it applies super flawless and really easy. Only downside: not waterproof, but I coat it with some mascara topcoat to make it waterproof.

Than to finish our look I am not going for lipstick. It is not my cup of tea during hot days. Gloss is much lighter and a hydrating one like the Sheer Finish Gloss by MUA in the colour Happy Days is super simple to wear and indeed gives your lips a wash of colour.
And lastly, even though I drink enough water, my lips still can use some extra moister. This summer I rediscovered my Babylips from Maybelline again. The shade Cherry Me can also be worn on its own. And I also makes a perfect summer shade.

I also have some other products I really liked for summer but those will be featured in another favourites blogpost.

Tell me, what are your summer essentials? Did you like mine?

Geen opmerkingen: