zaterdag 31 mei 2014

Self Tanning

As some of you might already know I wear self tan to match my face to match me to even the lightest shades of foundation. I am just so light that most of the times even the lightest shades available (drugstore wise) are to dark.

Of course you are perfectly able to find lighter shades and some high end brands have wide shade ranges. But think also of the people who can't afford that an only go by drugstore foundations.

That being said I today am going to focus on the self tans I have to match myself. Did those matches actually work? Continue to read.

Today I have three self tans to show. Drugstore prices of course. They are the Sunkissed Gradual Tanning Lotion, the Kruidvat tan without sun nut milk and the L'oreal Sublime Bronze Soft Tanning Milk.
The Sunkissed self tan I purchased in Primark during my time in London last summer and it was £2,50. My self tan from Kruidvat is also very cheap and costs €4,59. Lastly I got the most expensive one from L'oreal which is around €11 - €12 depending where you buy it.
 
-The first self tan I'm going to discuss is the Kruidvat Nut Milk. I don't like this one anymore as much as I did before. But I can totally recommend this self tan if you just started experimenting with self tans. The self tan has a clear and obvious scent. I personally like this scent. Nut-y and self tan scent.
- The product is yellow but gets white when you are applying it. When you never ever used self tan, the day after your application you definitely notice it. It gives a super natural yellow toned tan.
-The good thing about this self tan is that if you makes a bit of a mistake the tan is really forgiving because it is not that heavy of a self tan.
- The product is very light too (and a bit moisturizing), but that makes the product totally not that longlasting! I would say the product shows up for a maximum of two washes.
- Lastly I don't think that you are fairly able to go darker with a second layer.

- The next self tan is my Sunkissed tan. In Primark you had the pick between Medium Bronze and Dark Bronze, I picked medium because otherwise it might not look that natural.
- The product absolutely smells amazing (but I like the scents of self tan). And again this is a yellow substance turning white when applying.
- The tan isn't drying, but I wouldn't say it is as light and moisturizing as the last one. I would recommend to moister before your application.
- One layer is I would say the same colour as the last self tan. But I wanted to get a bit darker to try and see how far I could go. Do keep in mind: this tan isn't that forgiving with mistakes Two layer are satisfying for me and the tan stays for about three to four washes.

- Thirdly I have for you the L'oreal Sublime Bronze. White substance and doesn't seem to give you any colour.
- After a time of two hours you definitely see a gorgeous tan coming. So I applied a second layer. Even more gorgeous and normally I would have stopped here ...
- ... but the bottle says to first try three layers. But let me tell you, if you are fairly pale without tan, DON'T APPLY THREE LAYERS. I look extremely tanned and it looks really fake.
- There at first isn't any scent to this product but whenever it got developed there is a slight self tan scent, I again like it!
- What does strike me, the colour gets applied and stays there. It has been almost a full week now and still is the colour very strong. It did lightened a bit but still very tanned.
- I think I'm now going to keep it with just one or two layers depending on how dark I want to go.

Overall thoughts: Well I am absolutely sure I like the L'oreal one best. It stays the longest and looks the nicest. The others are perfect if you just started self tan but now I am more drawn to a better tan like L'oreal Sublime Bronze!

Tell me, what do you think of self tans and what is your favourite?

Geen opmerkingen: