donderdag 3 april 2014

Longlasting Lips

I never used to like lipsticks a lot. But lately I'm wearing one everyday. Dark lips preferably!
Although I am looking for that perfect neutral shade for summer.
Today I am back with a lipstick review for you all. Everyone raves about these lipsticks. And I think I never heard something bad about them. Well that is going to change.
Ready, set, read!

My review of today is about the Essence Longlasting Lipsticks.
Well loved and blogged a lot.
When they first came out I was super excited too, the shades seemed pretty nice and of course the thought of a better and improved product (I really don't like the old lipsticks by Essence): I couldn't resist.

My first purchased lipstick was the shade 03 Dare to Wear. A gorgeous vampy red colour.
And I really liked it. Stays on really well and it has a lovely berry red touch to it. I bought this one because I had to create a fantasy look in my make up education. I eventually haven't worn it a lot but it sure was a good lipstick to maybe enlarge my own collection of the new lipsticks.
Months pass by and I have four now: 01 Coral Calling, 03 Dare to Wear, 04 On the Catwalk and one of the newest adds, 13 Love Me.

Well ... I still really like the Dare to Wear shade. But after that it goes downhill for me!
Coral Calling is just a wrong colour to me personally. It first of all doesn't suit me. Even with just dabbing the colour on. And it runs into your fine lines way to obvious.
On the Catwalk will do. The colour is a more darker neutral shade. And it looks good. But again: runs into fine lines 
My last purchase was as said the shade Love Me. A neutral pink, something I was looking for, for quite a while. But I'm not that happy about it. It just looks like it lays on there, even when being blended and again: the fine lines.
I didn't expect such a let down. I really have no problems with the Dare to Wear one at all. And I always thought that it just was that one lipstick, hoping for a better result with the next colour.

Another off thing for me is that these lipstick really smell chemical and don't taste good. (Catrice lipsticks smell way better and taste a lot better too) Of course I am not eating my lipstick, I mean by that it doesn't feel good on your lips.

And last I have got a tip: Make sure, when wearing these lipsticks, you don't have chapped lips. The lipstick aren't that moisturizing to make it look good.
FLTR: Coral Calling, Dare to Wear, On the Catwalk, Love Me.
 
My overall thought: I'm absolutely not fond of them, except for the Dare to Wear shade. It's such a shame, because as you can see above, the swatches really look great. And that is why I picked them.
Good thing as well is: They are super affordable, only €2,59.
 
Of course if you can live with the chemical scent and taste, and with it running into fine lines. Please do try them. Maybe it is just me having these problems.
 
I really still recommend Essence, only this time it didn't work.
Tell me, do you like these lipsticks?

Geen opmerkingen: