zondag 2 maart 2014

Primers

Every girl has to start of with a clean/primed face before applying foundation. It's just to make sure that everything is kept in place through the day and to hold it to it's maximum.

I remember using my very first primer. Well, I never really liked it. It just didn't work for me. I first thought it was just me that had a problem with it but a friend of mine has it too and she as well doesn't like it that much.

With some new changes in Belgian drugstores, some new primers came along. Of course I had to try them. To find other and better then my old primer. So I went shopping and I got myself all the new primers that where brought out.

Do you want to know if these primers do their job? Then you have to keep reading.

Catrice brought us beauty lovers two new primers. A pore refining one and a anti red base one.
Essence came with an oil control + pore refiner one.
FLTR: pore refiner, anti red base, oil control pore refiner
All where put to the test and I have made up my mind.

Let's start of with the bad. The anti red base by Catrice.
The first thing to notice when using this primer is that it consist glitter parts. And by saying this I actually mean chunks of glitter, which is really weird. I heard a lot of fellow bloggers saying this but I decided not to be bothered and just try it.
Unfortunately it did not work for me. I do have some red/irritated areas lately because of the cold. But that anti red promise isn't working. The redness is still showing. You even don't have the idea that it made the redness a bit vanished.
At the end of getting ready the glitter parts really didn't show as much as at the beginning. So that is fine for me.
To try if my foundation would last longer, I took a foundation where I know of that it isn't that longlasting, there as well I did not see a difference.
The second primer that was tested is the pore refiner primer as well by Catrice.
Does it mattifies? Yes it does.
Does it refines my pores? No it doesn't.
Does it keep my foundation in place? Well, a weird thing happened. I took the same foundation to test this primer and I did had the idea that my foundation still was there where it supposed to be and that there is more on my face then it was wearing another primer. But I got super oily on my T-zone. And I normally don't get so oily when wearing that foundation. So it does stay better, but I get way more oily then normally.

Lastly the Essence primer. And I saved the best till last.
The formula is fairly thick and I mostly don't like these type of primers but I was really impressed.
To me personally, it does refines my pores. They are not as prominent. So it makes them less visible.
Longlasting-ness, woaw! That foundation stayed where it was when it was being applied and I didn't get oily at the end of the day. In my opinion there is just nothing bad to say about this.

Overall thought: The Catrice primers did not really do the job how it's supposed to be done. But the Essence one ticked all the boxes in terms of a good primer for me.
Again, both are really affordable and you can find them in different drugstores.
 
Tell me, what is your favourite primer?

Geen opmerkingen: