vrijdag 14 maart 2014

Prime & Fine Waterproof

Waterproof. If that word is on a packaging I most likely have to have it. Rainy Europe most of the times causes people to look like panda's and that is the one thing I try to avoid.

With a new change of assortment Catrice came up with a powder that supposed to be waterproof.
Powders from Catrice are really good. Super silky and does keep your foundations matt and in place. Having quit a search for the powder I eventually good a non-touched one and I put it directly to the test.

Waterproof? Keep reading.

To be honest I never really was blown over by the Prime & Fine line by Catrice. Something just didn't work for me. I felt like it was making me even more oily then I normally was. Their new primers are an improvement of their old primer. They are ok, but that's were it ends for me.

Catrice says about this powder that when this powder comes in contact with water, the drops simply roll off your face. It also allows to withstand humidity and mattifies your skin. The formula supposed to be with a soft filter effect and ensures a flawless and refined complexion. And the transparent colour adapts to every skin tone.

To clear the waterproof claim. When you drop some water on the powder in the pan. The drop doesn't spread throughout the powder. Something keeps it together. But this isn't the same on your skin. Your skin absorbs the drop of water. So no waterproofness there. 
 
The packaging of the new powder looks really sophisticated. It feels as well heavier then other products by Catrice. It's all black and for the very first time Catrice added a mirror to their product. Which makes it super easy to take this powder in your make up bag.

There is only one shade available and it is a translucent one. It is actually not a white powder. It's a really lightly coloured shade. Unfortunately, this does give your face some colour. For the slightly darker people, this will not be very suitable. If it was white, it would have been better.
Then there is the matt-ness. If Catrice promises something like that they are mostly right. Again with this powder they are spot on. It mattifies and it keeps my foundation in place.
However I did notice, that since the days get hotter here in Belgium, it does not hold as long as I would like. And actually only, big surprise, my T-zone. So I kind of got to live with that.


Overall thought: It is definitely better then the old prime and fine things I've had so far. I do feel that lately Catrice does a good job on their products. Also with this one, just the translucent thing I don't really agree with. For it €4,99 it sure is a good powder.
 
Tell me, what are your thoughts on this product.

Geen opmerkingen: