maandag 10 februari 2014

Berlin Trip

Travelling.. I would love to do this as my job somehow.
If only I could do it more often. Well last week I went on a trip and that's why there weren't any blogposts on here.
I went to Berlin and it was lovely. I am gonna do the same kind of post as I did when I went to London.

Want to come along my journey?

Day one: It was a pretty early day for us (getting up at 5am). We were already tired arriving there so we just kept it to sightseeing.
Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag and Checkpoint Charlie.
The last one really wasn't that impressing. It's just a cabin where, in my opinion, stand two man asking money to get a picture with the cabin. It indeed was a pretty important passage when the Berlin Wall was standing but it's so commercialized now. And the commercial part makes you lose focus on what it used to really be.

Day two was focussed on the World War. The Holocaust Museum/Memorial and Topography of Terrors. Visiting the Wall.
All are really breath-taking. The Holocaust museum shows you letters and notes of families that lived during the holocaust and their words tell you what horror they went through. It was horror and should never happen again!
And on our second day the weather was again amazing!
 
The third day wasn't really that exciting. We walked and walked and walked a lot. Ku'damm (expensive shopping street, Gucci, Prada, etc)
Churches, squares. Interesting to see. All so old aged and really pretty.
 
My highlight on our trip was definitely the Underworlds. Whenever there were bombings or attacks people had ten minutes to pack their bags and take shelter in the Underworlds.
You know that people indeed were there but you can't imagine how it really was! It's really creepy.
 
On our way back home we wanted to take home something that we saw on almost every corner of every street: Dunkin' Donuts. I love donuts, give me every colour possible and I'll accept it.
They have about 20 different kind of donuts and I bought myself a 12 box with no single chocolate one, that makes a happy me. And I can tell, if you ever go there, buy some donuts. They are heaven :)
 
 
My quest in Berlin was also to find some make up products. From brands that aren't to be found in Belgium. Namely KIKO and especially NYX.
Lucky me had quit some discounts. I as well went to the german local drugstore, named DM. There will be coming reviews on what I bought in Berlin.

Overall thought about Berlin: I will be there again. Even though the weather was fairly cold everything I saw makes up for it.
The people are super friendly, the food is good and the shopping part for me (and I think for my friend too) is really good!

So tell me, have you ever been to Berlin or would you like to go there. Maybe with this travel'review' you might want to go.

photo sources:
www.nyxcosmeticts.com
www.berliner-unterwelten.de
www.commons.wikipedia.org

 

Geen opmerkingen: