zaterdag 4 januari 2014

2013, my musical year.

It's all beauty here. But I am going to bring changes to that.
Besides beauty, my main huge interest is music. I wouldn't be writing this post if I haven't had music in my life.

2013 was a pretty good musical year to me. I have found bands that I knew before but didn't like and 2013 showed that I really do like them.
I thought it would be nice to share my highlights, music wise, this way!
I have found out that 2 bands especially are a highlight to me because at first I totally dislike them and only this year I really started appreciate them.
 
Firstly I have been loving Of Mice & Men. I especially liked O.G. Loko. I have been replaying this song over and over again. I would totally want to see them live, unfortunately I haven't been able to.
I'm really looking forward to their album that comes the 28th of January. Their newest songs You're not Alone and Bones Exposed, is so far a really good starter to promote their album Restoring Force.
You're not Alone link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ8wwoC9v3s
 
A second band that I heard of before but as well never listened too. Miss May I.
My very first 'hard' type of music was Escape the Fate. I tried to appreciate other things like Miss May I but it didn't really work when I was 13.
Being 17 when I started listening again, worked out better. And I really like them!
Day by Day is one that's been replayed a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzwhfNmfhlg
I can't to wait actually see them live too some day. 

Third, probably won't expecting this and not in the same genre AT ALL, Katy Perry.
Her new album Prism came out in October last year, so it's fairly new. But I think once again she did a great job. I remember her mainly as funny, playful and happy Katy Perry Hot 'n Cold, California Gurls style and this is completely different. Music wise she has grown a lot. That shows in the style of the album.
For me the highlight of the album are Legendary Lovers and This Is How Do.
Both songs are so catchy in my opinion. Here's a link to Legendary Lovers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_UyJXFwNw
I hope one day, again, I'll be able to see her live. And preferably meet her too. :)

Lastly, now a band and you'll think 'Really?', Tokio Hotel.
I have been listening to them since 2007 and I still do. Not as much as in their extreme popular days, but this year has had a lot of periods where Tokio Hotel was on the screen of my MP3player.
It may sound really lame but their music runs through my veins.
Spring Nicht still makes me cry because this is just a song with a very special meaning.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdTyUamjssc
It's been since 2009 that their Humanoid album came out so 2014 should be a new start for them.
I have no idea what the new sound will be. I always said their clothes reveal the new style, so I still hope for the best.

Well, these were my 2013 musical highlights.
Of course there were a lot more bands that I loved but these 4 jumped out of all of them.
So tell me, what are your 2013 music highlights?

Geen opmerkingen: