zondag 1 december 2013

Nail Care & Topcoats

A few weeks ago I polished my nail Nightmare Before Christmas/Jack Skellington themed. And I absolutely loved it. I even got complements about it. So I decided to write a post about nails mainly because I realised that I do have quite a few products for my nails and searched for some reviews myself.

So this post will be on as the tittle says, the care and topcoats for nails.
It's on an entirely different subject then as I normally write about but I still hope you like it.

All products but one are from Essence. One is from Hema (you can find their stores in Belgium and Holland)
 
Let me start of with nail care. I have got the nail polishes from the Essence Studio Nails line.
I got (fltr) XXL nail protector, Ultra nail repair and anti split nail sealer.
I already wrote a review about the XXL nail protector and here you can find it: http://makeuparmy.blogspot.be/2013/05/nail-protector.html
 
The anti split one: At first I thought this would be a good nail sealer, the product seemed like it is a thin substance. But when you try it, it's nowhere near thin. This is a really thick polish.
And because the polish is so thick, you can not apply a thin layer on your nails. Meaning after only one day of wear or after taking one shower the nailpolish comes of immediately.
I tried it several times but it doesn't work.
As well the polish doesn't help in any way to make your nail anti split. I might even say it was worse after use this product.
 
Ultra nail repair: I think this product might be one of my favourite nail care polishes I've ever had.
It's perfect to use as a base and to just wear as repair.
I can definitely say my nails did feel and looked better after using this product.
It seems my nails aren't harmed by wearing nailpolish every week. Where as other times it seemed they couldn't handle it.
This one I can certainly recommend.
 
 
Now up to nail topcoats.
Essence came up with a whole new range of nail stuff.. I tried and liked it.
FLTR: Better than gel nails, matt topcoat, nail art glow in the night.
 
But let me start of with the Hema Matt topcoat: The search for matt topcoat was so hard. I knew that several brands had them but in my local drugstores they were nowhere to be found.
I went there multiple times a week to hopefully find one. After a while I found out that Hema had one to and luckily they recently expanded and changed their display in their stores so I, thank god, found a matt topcoat.
I was to happy. Once polished on Sunday everything seemed normal but on Wednesday the matt effect was fully gone. So I had to redo it. But the same thing happened on Saturday the matt effect was again, gone.
I love the look of matt nails, to bad the polish isn't working.
 
Glow in the night topcoat: When I first saw this product I knew I had to try it. My friend was like: 'no way this is going to work.' But I thought the idea was to funny to not try it.
And this works! :D You have to apply at least two coats to make this work. And you have to hold your nails under some light to have a clear glow in the dark.
But I totally love this look.
 
Essence, Better than gel nails: The DIY gel nails. A recent big thing here.
But I wanted to try it to find out if the 'longer lasting' part was true.
Normally I wear nailpolish from Sunday to next weeks Saturday. Around Wednesday I have to do some touch ups. Which I absolutely dislike. I hate that chipping.
This topcoat was put to the test successfully. My nailpolish is extra shiny and it does make it last for even up to 7 days without chipping.
This is a great, cheap gel topcoat.
 
I'm really sorry for the long post. I'm hoping that if your nails need some care that you maybe try one of these products. All are really affordable and worth the try.

Geen opmerkingen: