dinsdag 26 november 2013

Metal Glam blush!

As I said in my metal glam highlight blogpost I'd be as well talking about the other Metal Glam product I've been able to find unused.

I always was looking for pinky blushes, never peachy. Because I felt it wouldn't fit me.
As you as well read in my blush blogpost a few days ago. That idea completely changed.
I love peachy blushes.
So last few days I tested the Metal Glam blush.

Essence is bringing us guys quite frequently a new TE, trend edition.
The last one in my country was the Metal Glam one.
I really loved the highlighter and I hoped that the blush would be equally good.

The blush is only available in one colour: 01 Glam-Me and it's a liquid blush.
The tube says to apply a small amount on the cheeks and to blend it with your fingertips.

That way is indeed the best way to apply it. But I have this feeling with every liquid product I use with my fingers; You lose more product then you actually apply, because the product sticks to your fingers.

When talking about the colour I thought it would fit me because the colour is super orangey.
You also notice that the product contains quite a lot of shimmer. But you won't think that this would be an issue.
When applying it there is almost no colour to your cheeks added.
So the first time trying this, I put a tiny bit more.. Still no colour. And a bit more!
"WOAW, stop, you look like a disco ball." That was the exact thing I said to myself.

The product isn't giving you any colour. It only adds tons of shimmer and glitter.
This was rather disappointing. I would have loved this colour on my cheeks, I am sure of it.

So after that experience I didn't know in what way I could still use this product. Because I don't like to just stop using something because it doesn't work in the way it should work.
I started to think that it might be useful to have it as an highlighter.
The picture is very vague: left: product unblended, right: blended
 
And then that test started.. It was successful. This is a perfect way to change this blush into a useful product. In the picture you might not see it as precise but it gives you a lovely subtle sheen.
When you're wearing it this just finishes of the look.
 
After a full day of wear I feel the product is still there but not as present as at the beginning of course.
Staying power for me is just fine.
 
So to finally get to my point: This product should not be used as blush but as highlighter. It adds a great touch to your daily look and makes your skin look really good. It does stay a fair amount of hours and does not fall apart.
Lovely product, so if you want it, you'd better hurry!

Geen opmerkingen: