zondag 15 december 2013

Findation

Samples, able to test stuff?
In my local drugstores a lot of times there aren't samples, or they are so dirty you don't wanna touch them.
When it comes to foundation you should be able to test.
My teacher always says if there aren't any foundation samples: 'Ask for it. Even in drugstores they should give you one if you ask for it.'
But I feel so weird doing that somehow.

So here are some tips in getting the right foundation and maybe a life saver.


First of all you need to find your undertone of your skin. The way to find that out, is looking at your pulses. They are either pink or yellow undertoned.

When I was younger I was really pale. Sunbathing, I didn't know what that was back then. So ever since I started sunbathing. Colour came into my life or better said, onto my skin.
Because my mom is a redhead, I inherited her paleness. Which means I don't get a lot of tan colour. That's why I cheat and decided to self tan.

This gives me a really obvious yellow undertone.
So as soon as you know your undertone it makes it a lot easier to start looking for foundation.

My ever lasting favourite foundation will always be Rimmel Londons Wake Me Up foundation.
That foundation is THE perfect match for my skin in the colour True Ivory.
And a plus, this foundation smells so good!

Of course finding the perfect foundation is hard. Most of the times I get the right undertone but I get the wrong shade. It's most of the times way to dark.
An easy tip for to dark foundations, and it's so obvious that you don't think of it, is mixing your to dark foundation with white daycream.
Use one tiny pomp or poor a tiny bit onto your hand and start adding daycream. Add more daycream to get the desired shade. 
As soon as I heard that tip I am now able to wear every single one of my foundations.

If your foundation is (a bit) to light, you can easily add a bit of bronzer or use a powder that is a bit darker.
Of course your face shouldn't be looking white. That way you know it's way to light and adding more bronzer or powder may cause a cakey effect, which no one wants.

When it comes to Rimmel foundations I now know almost everytime for what colour I should go for. Of course your shade is different with every brand you try.

Therefore I'm giving you these sites.

http://findation.com/
http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix

Both sites are for finding other foundations that match the one(s) you already have.
You search by brand, product and your shade. You then click 'find my matches' and you get a whole list of brands and the foundation that is your shade from that brand.

For example: I found out I can buy CoverGirl in a supermarket near me. And a foundation from the brand is really appealing to me. But I don't know anything from the brand.
I now know that I should go for an Ivory shade by CoverGirl.
Some time soon I'll let you know if it worked out.

I'm not entirely sure if every foundation they show on the list will match because I found one that I gave away because it was the wrong undertone.
But I also found other foundations that I have that indeed match.

I do prefer the first site because it's much easier to work with.
The second site is also good for finding dupes. Both for if you want to go cheaper or more expensive.

So this was a short review and tip post.
If you like more of this or you have any ideas on other posts.
Let me know and I'll see you next time for other reviews.

Geen opmerkingen: