zondag 3 november 2013

Stay Matte

I have been noticing that lately there are a lot of brands that are introducing a few products for oily skin. Matt powders, foundations, etc.

As I am a combo of extremely dry and extremely oily, it's really hard to find that perfect foundation to fit my weird combo skin type.

I'm testing all kinds of different stuff and maybe one day I'll find that one product that I'll stick with for a long time.


I've found the Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation a few weeks ago but I always felt that it might not work because of the mousse feeling.
When I started make up my foundation always was a mousse. I loved and I though I looked good but ever since I tried liquid foundation I never went back to mousse. I didn't like the finish that you got with mousse. So I prefered having a more flawless finish with liquid foundation.
But I thought why not give it a go. It's matte, who knows, you might like it.
I can tell you I'm really happy I got it.
When I first test it. I didn't like the feeling of the foundation. It feels really heavy and the mousse texture still wasn't my favourite.
But after a few tests you kind of know how to preferably use the foundation.

A tip, I don't like it when I use my hands applying this foundation. The finish, I personally think this way, is not nice. And I feel that you lose a lot more foundation on your hands then you actually are applying to your face.

My favourite way to apply this liquid mousse. I using a flat buffing brush. This way you are working the product into your skin and eventually the finish as well is so much nicer.
My biggest surprise testing and applying this mousse was the extremely high coverage I get!
Because of the bad weather, lately it's going really cold, my skin has got a bit more blemishes then usually. After applying the foundation I totally did not need any concealer.
All the blemishes where covered the best they can and they weren't really visible anymore.
I was so impressed.

The only thing I might not like as much is that even though the foundation is really matt I still need to powder up my face.
When not using powder I feel my foundation gets shiny after a while. A major factor of course is the fact I have a really oily skin. I just hoped this time foundation would do.
But you can't do wrong with a touch of powder.

In terms of staying. I feel the foundation does stay a good amount of time.
I had the foundation on for about 10 hours when testing it. And after such a long wear I did notice that the foundation had reached it's point of staying ability. I normally don't wear my foundation that long but it was a good way to test.
Seeing that most of the foundation was still on my face will assure you that the foundation can stay long enough.

At the end I think I might like this one. It's not my most favourite foundation but I know this one will be used on a more regular base.
So if you have oily skin and you need a good cover of foundation and preferably be matt, this foundation is one you might want to try.

Geen opmerkingen: