donderdag 7 november 2013

Sorbet on the eyes

For my make up education we have the assignment to find some make up looks we want to recreate in style of fantasy.
And as I love legends and mythical creatures that's not hard for me to find.
I adore vampires, zombies and fairies and I could easily find some looks that I want to recreate.

For myself I as well wanted to purchase some products that I could have myself to recreate some looks at home.
I came home with some turquoise, purple, green, pink and dark red make up.
Most of those colours you can use either for vampires or zombies or fairies. It's not that hard at all.

I particularly want to talk about one of those purchases.

I normally don't go for that type of product but I'm happy I did buy it.
I have a love hate relationship with the Essence Eye Sorbets.
You have six colours to choose from but I picked up three.
The product says that it's a highlighting eye colour.
But I wanted to use them over my whole eyelid to work as some sort of eyeshadow.
I did use them that way and not really as highlight because shimmer and sparkle is pretty nice when talking fairies.
 
As you open them you think they'll probably work as an eyeshadow cream.
I don't really like those a lot. They don't stay well and are mostly just disappearing when I wear eyeshadow creams.
But I loved the colours of the sorbet so I just couldn't leave them.

Once swatched, the sorbets do feel rather cold. Which is a weird surprise for me.
But I love the feeling of the sorbets. They feel super smooth and so lightweight. Where as other creams I have tried feel more heavy.
When you put the cream on your eyelids you immediately feel that somehow the eyecream dries.
Well then comes the part that I want to dislike them.
When you have the eye sorbet on your eyes for a while they are completely dried. They're so dried that they start to flake on me. 
But the most irritating thing for me is that they are really itchy. My eyelids are really irritated a lot by the product. Meaning, I can not stand it so I have to take it of. When taken of I see my eyelids turned red.
So one way or another I am not able to wear them as eyeshadow. Would it be because I'm allergic to the product. I don't know. It's really weird. When I put it on my hands to swatch the products, I don't get itchy.
 

In terms of the pigmentation. I am a fan. It's not super pigmented it's more sparkly then you actually get colour. But I wouldn't want to have a extremely green eye. That's what I like mostly about the product. It's really subtle.
From left to right: Illuminating Raspberry, Kiwi, Plum
 
I'm still trying them to find out some way in how to use them and not to get itchy.
As a highlight in the inner eye corner they work pretty nice as well and I'm not itchy so far.
 
I don't know if it's just me having this problem or it's just really wrong to use them on your whole eyelid. So let me know your thoughts about the sorbets and share along!

Geen opmerkingen: