maandag 11 november 2013

Concealed

As I went shopping again this weekend I'm a bit behind in reviewing my purchased products.
But I'll do a two in one review because I'm talking concealer today!

I used to love my Essence Stay Natural concealer. But I don't anymore. I feel it's to greasy and oily. Why I didn't feel this way at the beginning. No idea, people change their minds :)

I bought myself 2 concealers. Budget proof: Essence and Catrice.
So let me talk you through my experience.

I bought the Essence Stay all day 16h long lasting concealer and the Catrice Camouflage cream.
As the name says the Catrice one is a cream. The Essence one is just a regular liquid concealer and I both like them.
I have bought the Essence one in 20 Soft Beige and the Catrice one is 020 Light Beige.
The Essence one claims to cover under eye shadows and skin imperfections. With lightreflecting pigments.
The camouflage cream says that it is a full coverage.

For both I have a different purpose. The camouflage cream I use to cover up blemishes and spots but no under eye area.
The Stay all day concealer I use to brighten up my under eye area but no blemishes or spots (mainly because the concealer is to light for other areas).
And to be honest I think these are the best ways to use them.

Even though the concealer is to light, it's not a bad bargain because I wanted to try an under eye brightener for a while and this to light concealer is a great way to try that sort of highlight.
So I think I like that experiment.
The concealer is really smooth and really easy to blend and it covers any dark places around your eyes perfectly.

About the camouflage cream. I don't like it as much as I love the Essence one.
I feel that the cream does a great job in covering up spots and so. But it's a bit harder to blend.
Plus: I don't really like the look of the cream on my under eye area.
The product itself feels heavier and I like it more lightweight.
I as well would give you the advice to put this concealer underneath your foundation. That way the cream will have I nicer finish.

The thing that I'd advice Catrice is that they should expand the colour range because they just have three and the three are quite dark. Very fair people will most likely not find a match in there which is rather irritating. I am for once lucky to have a rather good match.

After all I like both of them. Still prefer the Essence one. Mainly because it's a liquid concealer and that is more easy to blend and looks better.
Both are really affordable and that's what we're going for.

Geen opmerkingen: