donderdag 31 oktober 2013

Retro Rimmel Glam

As promised I will be talking about my 5 purchases I made a few days ago.
I was looking for concealers and I came home with mascara, some eyeshadow, foundation and of course concealers.

Some people have an unending quest to finding the perfect foundation. I have an unending quest to finding better mascara's all the time! (And foundation and eyeliner and lipstick and eyeshadow and concealer... Well you know the drill. This is what's called an addiction :p)

Firstly I'll be talking about the mascara. It's from Rimmel.

So let's get started.

As my mascara quest is never over I'm always looking for better.
As I'm really close to having way to much mascara's (my mom thinks that way) I'm still purchasing more and more.

I've never tried mascara from the brand Rimmel before. I'm a huge fan though from their foundations.
I have heard a lot of good things about this mascara so I thought I'd give it a go since I had the deal: buy 2 for €13.
And because Rimmel is not the cheapest brand I thought this was a good deal.


The mascara I purchased is the Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara. I have heard a lot of good thing about the ScandalEyes mascaras so I thought this was a good trial to do.
When I'm talking about good mascara I'm firstly talking about a non clumpy, volumizing, lengthening mascara.
Of course my standards are quit high, that's just because I have quit a few to pick from.

But so far this is a mascara I like but not adore.
The brush is like two balls put together. So it's kind of the shape the way your eyeballs and lashes are. Which fits perfectly.
The first try ended up pretty good. I mostly notice the fact that my lashes are lot more visible. They are pushed up and look voluminous.
So I thought it would be a great mascara.
But after a afternoon wear I'm rather disappointed. My lashes completely lost the curl of the wand and you can only notice that your lashes are coated, that's it.
So I layered my lashes with a second coat of mascara and let this one on until I went to bed.

After a second layer the mascara does hold better. But not how I want it to last.. Unfortunately.
This was all tested without lash curlers. With a curler it does look better at the beginning and it as well does hold better and stays voluminous.

So I have mixed feelings with this mascara but I will not stop using it. It's good but I had higher hopes for this one.
Of course everyone gets a different result with each product. So don't be afraid to try new things!

Geen opmerkingen: