zondag 13 oktober 2013

Highlighter? Bronzer? All in one!

As a make up addict I want to turn make up into my profession!
Therefore I am taking a make up education. And I really like it Big Time!!! :)
I will talk about this in another blogpost but I haven't seen so much yet, so that has still to come!

Today I'm going to talk about this new(er) product by Essence.
Highlighter and Bronzer all in one!

A good bronzer and highlighter are sometimes hard to find. Most brands do have one but there's always something wrong with it for me. Either I just don't like the texture or the colour is just not appealing to me.

When Essence changed a bit of their products I saw that they had a really nice bronzer and highlighter put together.
So I had to try it.

The product is available in two different shades. Either for blondes or brunettes.
I went for the lighter skin, blondes shade and it has six lovely colours in there put in a nice pattern.
The first thing to notice when you open the product is the smell.
It smells like coconut and it's really appealing if you like coconut scent.
Which I personally, absolutely love!

Second thing to notice is that the product is really shimmery. That actually is what I might dislike the most about this thing. For me personally a bronzer should have no or little shimmer in it. When used on a daily basis. You can easily wear shimmer on a more special occasion but of course not way to much.
When talking about the highlighter it is really nice to have a shimmer. But not to look like a disco ball.
But I can assure you, you do not have that effect with this highlighter. It is a really subtle shimmer, maybe to subtle. Because...

last but not least: the pigmentation. I don't have the feeling that when I put the product on there is much difference as when I wont put it on. I just notice a lot of shimmer.
You can see the difference between the colours if you swatch them with your finger. But there as well the shimmer is really dominant. And I do not like that a lot.

I really want to wear this daily, but every time I put it one I powder over it because I want to reduce that shimmer of the bronzer.
The highlight shimmer is subtle so that subtlety is nice.
But if I want to go somewhere special I will not be bothered by the shimmer.

Please do not be held back by what I write now. If you like to have a bit more shimmer for day time then you will totally love this thing.
I just like to go for a more matt/ no shimmer finish on a daily basis.
Otherwise this is a really lovely silky product.
And for €3,59 in your local drugstore go can not go wrong!

Geen opmerkingen: