dinsdag 15 december 2015

MAC: Matte Royal Lipstick

When it comes to lipsticks I am totally living for the super brown lip colours. Sometimes it can be seen as an odd shade to wear but I am a proper fan of odd shades.
So one of the new shades from MAC, called Matte Royal, had to be in my collection, since it is very odd. And that odd shade came to my collection, obviously.

As mentioned the shade is called Matte Royal and also is matte. However I see it more as a satin finish.
When I was in store the colour looked liked a muted purple with lots of blue tones in it. However when actually trying this shade its is bright ass blue, yet in different light can be seen a little purple-ish. 
Putting this colour on, I am kind of disappointed. The colour isn't as pigmented as I wanted it to be. Since the colour is so different you want an opaque application to make the lips stand out.
It swatches beautifully. However I am not convinced.

Also when it comes to longevity I am not impressed either. Because the weirdness of this shade, you instantly notice when the colour has faded. 
It needs a re-touch every once and a while to make it look nice. But its a lot of work, because again, this is such an odd shade to wear.
Overall thought: Conclusion is very easy, I do not wear this shade (often). It is a weird colour and such a hassle to keep this looking good. Its not that pigmented so needs several layers to be totally opaque. Overall I am not that impressed by this shade, although I still love its weirdness

Do you own this shade?


Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: