maandag 15 december 2014

What didn't make the cut!

Whenever I get a new make up item, I really enjoy testing it. Sometimes I just get my hopes up to high and the product lets me down very much.
Normally I like to keep this blog mainly positive with not to bad reviews. However I feel its time to show you what didn't make it on to the blog.

Now get steady for some not so good (bad) reviews coming your way.
Lets jump right into it.

Now first up I have got the most horrible foundation ever. Its by the brand Maybelline, you've probably heard of it. The Better Skin foundation in the shade Ivory. For me this is the perfect example in how deceiving store lights can be. In store light looked like a neutral, slightly more yellow undertone foundation.
Yet coming to my most wonderful bathroom light, hello ORANGE product, why do you come out of a bottle called foundation. HOW THE HELL WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO WEAR THIS? Its completely orange! You might not really tell by the picture but compared to my hand its so off.

The next product I actually like, yet only in summer. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream. This is really light and great for a hot summer day. But because we now are in winter I'm absolutely not able to wear this. 
Only with my very darkest self tan I can pull this of but I don't do that in winter. Just a tiny little colour to be able to wear foundation. So universal shade? A big lie! Only when being dark DARK tanned. Bummer.

Barry M lipstick, especially in the shade 156. Gorgeous colour, berry pink/plum shade.
But I pretty much haven't worn it. It is such a dry formula it is not nice on the lips at all. If this would have been a tad more creamier I would absolutely wear this.

The next product is one of my first 'colourful' palettes. Essence Night Club in the colour Dance Til Dawn. Yet its been not very much to my liking. I only liked the lightest shades.
The colours are very chalky and if you blend them. They all look exactly the same. They also aren't the most pigmented, which also adds problems to really make the colours stand out.

Lastly the Lash Fibres from Catrice. This was such a clever idea that I had to give them a go instantly. 
The biggest complain about this thing is pretty much the brush. If you look at the picture you can see the brush is packed with those fibres. Because of that its very easy to get clumpy lashes and you lose at lot of fibres and the whole place looks like a mess. For the rest it fine, but that all I can say about it.

What were your worst experiences so far?

Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: