woensdag 12 november 2014

Catrice: Pure Shine Tinted Lip Balm

Having colourful hair I find it really hard to match a nice lipstick. I have been wearing my In A Rosegarden lipstick for almost every day now. But I really think it is time to expand to more colours not just one.
When the Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm chubby sticks of some sort came out I really liked them. Now a new type came. A lip balm instead of proper lipstick.

Now are these also good? Lets find out.

The packaging is exactly the same as the older Pure Shine sticks.
There are 4 different shades available and I got shade 040 Dear Berry, ...
When reading the claims and such on the Catrice website I personally don't see to much difference with the old Colour Lip Balms. I personally feel they basically made the same product with a different name.  Only difference that I can find, supposed to be the colour intensity and durability. 

Now when you try the product I instantly smell the great goodness of amazing vanilla. Which the old sticks had as well! The product applies really smooth and you feel they get nicely hydrated as well.
For me a noticeable difference maybe can indeed be the colour intensity (but that can also be the dark cherry/plum shade I went for). Its super pigmented even after one tiny layer. 

Yet do I notice changes in durability, well personally no. I do find for Catrice it lasts me a nice time but won't survive a meal. The major difference for me is definitely the hydration you get from these balm instead of the old ones. Way better.
Even on the picture above you can tell that the product, with one layer only, is pigmented. 

Overall thought: I personally think they made the exact same products, different shades and different product name. But for the rest this isn't new to me. This is a nicely pigmented product, lovely shade, that lasts a fine amount of time. To me the biggest difference of this 'new' product is that you actually get better hydrated lips from it. Which is a plus of course.

Have you tried the new lip balms before. Do you prefer old or new?

Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: