zaterdag 22 november 2014

Catrice: Illuminating & Bronzing Pen



A few posts ago I wrote about my first thoughts on the pen highlighters by Catrice. I couldn't decide on picking one so as usual I went for both shades. 
My first thoughts were fairly fine and didn't find anything wrong with them. Today, after a bit more testing, I'm giving you my final, full thoughts on them.

Still good, keep reading!

When first seeing the press release for these I thought the bronzing pen actually was for bronzing. Completely misunderstood since it also is for highlighting. 
You instantly see what colour you get by the coloured packaging which is a nice add to these pens. For the rest they feel extremely cheap. The bottoms are fairly loose on mine and it is quite the struggle to get the lid of.

Next complaint was the fact that it took me over 10 minutes to finally get the product out and of course everything came out at once.
The Illuminating pen comes out white, yet with slight pink tones to it and the bronzing pen is nicely golden (my personal favourite highlight shades)

The perfect way to apply this is when you haven't powder of yet. 
It blends fine but not really to how I want my highlight to be somehow. A little bit of powder highlight flows over into blush seamlessly and I feel you need more of these products to create the same effect.

On the picture below though I'm wearing the bronze highlighter very lightly and I like it very much. But as said, you need, in my opinion a lot of product even when I feel its nicely pigmented.
The product when blended and set stays on for a nice amount of time. Nice subtle glow. 

Overall thought: Double. I do like it, preferably the bronze shade, its very nice. And provides a healthy glow. I do feel to avoid a line of highlighter you need more product than I would actually prefer to work with. Even thought the product is well pigmented. Aside that fact I do like this, but I think I still prefer my powder highlighter. Good but not amazing.

What is your favourite highlighter?

Social Media

Geen opmerkingen: