donderdag 25 september 2014

Maybelline: Matte Maker powder

Powder, in summer I somehow always skip on powder. Where as the hot days might love some powder. This time a year, powder has gotten back in use. Mainly just for some T-zone powder. Since that is thé place I really need it!

-This sentence is going to be repeated a lot more, be prepared- On my trip to London something that was on the wishlist was the Maybelline 24h Superstay Powder. Yet as the tittle suggests I didn't got that one.

Matte Maker is been purchased and of course tested! Interested? Keep reading.

What really intrigued me purchasing this powder instead of the Superstay powder was the obvious yellow undertone this powder has.

Superstay was a lot more neutral toned and most of the times self tanner is more yellow, a powder like this is more than welcome.

You have three other shades, but only saw two in Boots. I still got myself the lightest shade, which is 10 Classic Ivory.

The packaging is really simple. A round shape (obviously) and turn the lid off. Normally I like the packaging better from Maybelline.
This powder retails for 3,99 and you can get it in Superdrug and Boots. As far as I know, not in Belgium.
A regular powder for me isn't particular for giving me more coverage, I want to achieve that with just my foundation. 

Yet when I tried this powder, (great colour match as well) I noticed something crazy. It was at the end of the day that I tried this, I had to head out quickly and wanted to refresh my face with some powder.
WHAT AN AMAZING COVERAGE! My redness was showing through without my refresh and with this powder it got reduced wonderfully! Incredible.

Even without a base I feel this powder reduces the redness amazingly well! Its love between this powder and me. I think I can even say, that this powder, on a good skin day, would give me enough coverage. A coverage that I would be happy with after, lets say, two tiny layers.
On me this powder also lasts really, really well! Impressed on that part too! I didn't get shiny on my entire working day.

Overall thought: Quick and simple review I gave you here, I adore this product. It covers really surprisingly well. Way better than any other powder I've used so far. If your skin doesn't need much I also can say that this product would give enough coverage after an add of maybe a layer extra than regular. Also it lasts long! Big big big love over here!

Tell me, did you already tried Maybelline powders?

Geen opmerkingen: