zondag 8 juni 2014

Make Up For Ever: Mat Velvet +

I have been in a total foundation mood these days. I have purchased myself 4 foundations over the past 2 weeks. I always though kept in mind that I don't wear that much foundation in summer because I tend to go for BB creams more often.

Of course it didn't hold me back and today I therefore have a foundation review for you all. And it is a special one. My very first high end product review.

High end or failure? That's what we are going to find out now.

The foudnation I was able to buy and test is the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation. And I went for the shade 30 called Porcelain (description: for light skin with beige undertone)
The foundation says to be a matifying foundation, oil free and water resistant.
The packaging look really good and not cheap. And I just like to look at it mainly because this is the very first high end make up item I bought myself :D
Lets start with the shade. When I'm wearing a very light selftanner this really matches me well at first but letting the foundation sink in for a bit I do believe this foundation oxidizes to a more pink undertoned foundation. But colourwise it still matches me.

When first opening the package I didn't like the no pump but squeeze tube thing. The tube is a bit harder which makes you press harder and then a blob of foundation comes out.
That aside we come to the product itself. It is a liquid foundation but not runny or thick at all.
When you apply this foundation you instantly see difference. Full coverage over here!
Even though it is full coverage the foundation doesn't feel heavy, which is something I really like.
Also I am noticing a really fierce mat effect. So I wouldn't recommend wearing this foundation if you have a dry skin because it will start to get flaky around your dry patches.

For an oily skin like mine this is an absolute saviour.
After a full day of wear (working day) I normally need an oil paper to take of the excess oils, but not there is absolutely no oil!
I am so impressed! Full coverage and it lasts really long, this is worth its money!

Overall thought: I love this foundation. It matches me, it is indeed mat, and it stays mat throughout a hot, working day and it is full coverage without feeling heavy or caking up! Totally worth the spending of 40euro! It is to me a very good investment!

Tell have you ever tried Make Up For Ever? Or this foundation?

Geen opmerkingen: