zondag 25 mei 2014

MUA: Matt Foundation

Since a few weeks I've been on the search for a new foundation. Not that I need it, but you all know that need to have new things. Well these days I have been in my foundation mood.

Since MUA has finally taken place in my local drugstore (I was the first one to touch the new display) I had to try their foundation(s). They have a matt one and a regular one.
I went for the matt one because my skin is more oily.

Do I like it though? You can find out my thoughts if you continue reading.

The foundation I picked is called MUA Matt Foundation, Velvet Smooth, Longlasting Finish.
You only got three shades. And I got the lightest shade, Soft Sand.
FACT: Even though this is the lightest foundation shade, I can only wear it with self tan. So if you are really pale, it probably will be to dark.
The foundation packaging is black with white letters. Somehow, to me, a black packaging always looks nicer and more sophisticated than others.

Besides that it is a squeeze tube. Which I feel isn't as clean and easy as pump. But I have no issues with it.
I always find it harder to first try a new foundation because I'm not sure which application way I like best. With this foundation I used my well loved beauty blender.

The coverage of this foundation, I would say, is light to a more medium coverage. But what I did notice after my first use, this is a really hard foundation to blend.

With a sponge I feel it is the most easy. Brush is fine too but I think the finish looks nicer with sponge. And hands, that way I don't recommend at all.
The foundation feels really sticky when you use your hands and somehow it also feels fairly thick and you don't get that feeling if you use a sponge.

I believe the foundation comes to its right when you leave it sink in for a couple a minutes before you see what it really looks like. 

The wear of this foundation is actually fairly good. It does stay fairly matt and I don't feel I need to do heavy touch ups during the day. Just some Tzone powder is good enough.
And after all I think it is a fairly good foundation.

Overall thought: As you just read, its fine. Avoid using your hands with this foundation. A sponge is going to work better. Coverage is nice and leaving it sink in, it looks matt and stays matt. Nice bargain.

Tell me, would you ever try this MUA foundation. Or did you already.

Geen opmerkingen: