zaterdag 12 april 2014

Beauty UK: Earth Child

A few months ago I noticed that I really don't purchase that much eye shadow. I am stuck to what I like lately and don't try any thing else.

Being in a make up education and seeing all kinds of different colours on your eyes: I decided it should change.
I tried a brand that I've never used before and you can find it at Superdrug for £3,99 only.
My purchase was the Beauty UK, Earth Child Palette.

Bargain or failure? Keep reading?

The very first thing that I noticed having this palette in my hand is that it's super tiny. When I first saw this I thought it would be a similar size as Sleek or MUA palettes. But no.
Large or not, this will sure not affect my thoughts on the product.

The palette I chose consists as the name says more earthy colours. From this range there are six other palettes you can choose from. So everyone will find one they like.
I personally find this palette suits green eyes really well!
Besides bronz, brown golden and green this palette also has grey, black and white.
You can make very wearable daytime looks but also more dark looks.

My personal favourite colours of this palette are the two in the middle and the fourth colour on the left from the top row.
Seeing these colours I just had to try it immediately!
But then we come to swatching. I have near to no colour on my hand after a swatch. Which I was fairly disappointed about. I had to put several layers to actually get a decent amount of colour on my eyelid.

A few days after that I was in my room trying this palette again. I decided to try on rub a lot to see what I does.
Well somehow I noticed that after I was rubbing the product something came off. I felt like there was a layer of dust set on the top layer of the shadow that didn't gave you the actual colour.

I thought after this tactic would improve the pigment but I did not really see a change.
This is a swatch of the product after that trying to remove that dust. And as you can see, lack of pigment.
 
What I do like about the eye shadow is that once you get the desired pop of colour you have a product that is fairly longlasting.
 
Overall thought: I'm not impressed with the pigment of this palette. But I am okay with adding more shadow. Mainly the longlastingness won me over. I didn't expect to much for that price but I did hope more colour showing up.
 
Tell me, have you ever tried something from the brand Beauty UK?

Geen opmerkingen: