zondag 2 februari 2014

Lashblast

I always try to find as many foreign brands in Belgium as I can. I dislike to pay for my delivery costs, because I still don't have a job. And sometimes, when ordering foreign, it's a really high cost to pay for the delivery.

So I'm constantly searching the beauty section in different stores to hopefully find a brand I haven't tried before.
I did find something that made me pretty happy. Want to know what I found and what I think about it, then keep reading.


A few weeks ago I found out that a local supermarket sells CoverGirl, yes indeed, American CoverGirl. The two products that I've always wanted try, The 3in1 Outlast Foundation and the Clump Crusher mascara.
Both of them are now in my possession.
The first product I'll talk about is the mascara and this is how it looks like. sleek but it's just fine for me.
I heard several times that CoverGirl is the American version of the European brand Maxfactor. Of course I don't know if everything is the same but the foundation and mascara look way to similar.

e.g. of the mascaras:
As you can see they look so much alike.
 
My first impression opening the mascara, looks good. But the brush isn't really my cup of tea.
I prefer a big brush with hair. Where as this one is fully plastic.
 
Then the application, no complains. Because of the feeling when applying the mascara, I wasn't really expecting this much of a nice effect.
I got actually a fairly good amount of volume. Not the most I ever got but I'm ok with it so far.
Building it up as well is totally fine. As the name says: no clumps. And indeed. I didn't get any.
After application you as well would like if your curl stays a long time.
Again, happy me. It did last me quit a long time. My curl held surprisingly well.
Then a last test. Are you easy to take off even when you're waterproof. Well in that I'm totally convinced. I do not have to get myself a waterproof make up remover and it's easy to take it off with some micellar water.
 
End conclusion: It's fairly good, not the best I've ever had but good. Would I repurchase, I don't think so. Mainly because I had way better before compared to this one.
 
Tell have you ever used this CoverGirl mascara and what are your thoughts about it?

Geen opmerkingen: