vrijdag 17 januari 2014

Dark lips

Lipstick never was a big part in my life. I always went for some coloured lipbalm or a sheer lipgloss. Since my collection has been grown a lot this year, my lip drawer grows with it.
Lipstick, I love it. Something has changed my mind but I like it!

A dark lip, well that's even better.
Even though it's a autumn/winter trend. I think I'd wear this any time around the year.
Why have colours for each season? Well no and I couldn't care less. (yes, I'm a rebel like that ^^)
Make up is supposed to be fun 365 days a year. And if you like dark lips in summer. You should go for it.

I now do stay in that autumn/winter trend, mainly because these lipcolours are what I discovered lately. That also includes lipstick that is available for quite a while.
Want to know which colours I have been loving, then keep reading.

3 brands in total caught my eye these past months: Bourjois, Rimmel and Maybelline.
I feel all three brands have come up with some gorgeous colour for autumn/ winter.
Bourjois came up with their Color Boost lipcolours. I really like the formula, it doesn't dry my lips but neither is it really moisturizing. I absolutely like the Plum Russian, it's gorgeous. With one layer it's rather sheer but it's easy to build up.
Only thing, is that it isn't really longlasting so you'll probably have to retouch it several times.

Rimmel too has some gorgeous dark colours.
Never the less, their Apocolips had some new colours. One called Eclipse. The first time I saw it I knew I had to have it. It's a lovely dark red in between plum colour.
I already loved the other shades and I love the formula too.

I'm also trying to get my hands on the Rimmel lipstick by Kate Moss 04, a super super dark purple colour,  but unfortunately it's been gone all the time. So I think that my local drugstores decided to stop ordering the shade.

Lastly I found that Maybelline have a Tint Gloss called Timeless Plum. A beautiful dark dark plum colour. When I first opened it I thought it was a normal gloss but applying it, it's a tint. After a while, done with the application it somehow 'turns' into a sticky gloss feeling instead of a tint.
A tip that I do have with this particular colour and product; make sure you have no chapped lips, somehow I feel that the tint turns the chaps into a black colour, which looks disgusting.
So that makes me doubting whether I like it or not.
FLTR: Bourjois; Plum Russian, Maybelline; Timeless Plum, Rimmel; Eclipse
 
My preference of those three that I do have goes out to Eclipse by Rimmel.
Colourwise I love them all. But when talking lasting power, feeling and maybe the colour too, I have to say Eclipse. For me it ticks of all the boxes of what I want in a dark lip colour.

Tell me, what do you think about a dark lip. And what are your favourite colours/brands?

Geen opmerkingen: