woensdag 22 januari 2014

Beauty Blending

Applying make up can make or break your look.
A flawless finish is what we all are looking for in foundation.
Everyone has of course their own preference in the way they want to apply foundation.
I have tried a lot. But I think I have found a lasting favourite.
So are you interested in application ways, then keep on reading.

I am not going discuss every sort of foundation brush, just the most common.

There are firstly your hands.
Everyone has them, and they're completely free. Easy breezy, you think.
But I actually hate applying foundation with my hands.
I feel you lose a lot more foundation that sticks on your hands then actual coverage on your face. I as well dislike the feeling of foundation on my hands. Of course you can wash your hands but noho I will not apply foundation/BBcream with my hands.

Secondly you have got a flat foundation brush.
I think I never used a brush like that. Of course I tried it but I never got stuck in my daily routine. And I really don't mind. I as well don't like these sort of brushes. Depending of course on the quality there are differences but not huge ones that can really appeal to me. I have tried several ones, but no.
I feel the brushes leaves your foundation with a finish that I hate: Streaks.
Never will this brush work with me. But as I said there might be this one brush that does work, but so far it's a no show.

Third. A flat top foundation brush or a stippling brush, depends on what you want to call it.
I love it. I feel the coverage is really amazing. And the blending of foundation goes great too. But lately another thing is still better then this one here.
For liquid foundation I'll grab to another tool, but for the liquid mousse foundation by Rimmel I'll grab this one.

Lastly a huge hype, where I'm extremely late on (I couldn't get my hands on it)
The overall famous Beauty Blender.
I did not get myself the real one, I got the Superdrug Cosmopolitan dupe, which turns out to be wonderful. Every foundation application I do with this sponge. Blending is good, you can build up coverage too. And it couldn't be better. I've even had compliments about my make up.

My overall tool winner is definitely the beauty blender! It just does the job for me everytime I apply foundation. And doesn't matter what foundation. It's wicked!:)

And tell me, what are your lifesaving tools?

Geen opmerkingen: